Monday, August 29, 2011

A guest post...

As I continue my semi-break from blogging, I  am happy to have Susi from Design Shuffle do a guest post for me. So, let's welcome Susi...

Hi everyone. I’m Susi and I write as a guest blogger for DesignShuffle.com, a fabulous social media site that promotes interior designers and their work from around the world. My writing focuses on things I'm passionate about: interior design, home furnishings, gardening, travel and art. I get to look at gorgeous things all day and write about them. I'm a very lucky girl.

August is definitely beach season where I live (in Massachusetts). Warm, humid days are best spent on the Cape or islands of Nantucket and Martha’s Vineyard.  So while I was daydreaming of long walks on the beach and local seafood, Meenal asked me to write a guest post for her lovely blog, maison marigold.  How could I not write about coastal décor? Here’s what I came up with: 8 cool contemporary coastal designs. Hope you enjoy it and thankyou, Meenal, for letting me and Design Shuffle visit this week!


                    
The Zhush (via)

Love the low, contemporary profile of this sectional. Natural materials, blue accents and blue Egg chair by Jacobsen complete the contemporary coastal style.



                  
Pinterest (via)

An eclectic mix of furnishings give this contemporary white washed space a cool, beach house look.  Love the low white table with a shelf to display beach treasures. Blue nautical maps are a nice nod to the ocean.



The Zhush (via)

A wall of sheer white curtains and minimal furnishings gives this contemporary bedroom design a relaxed feeling.  The natural woven chair has a casual, beach vibe.



                  
Lanalou Style (via)

Key elements of contemporary coastal décor are crisp whites, natural materials, trendy patterns like Ikat and simple accessories.  The natural wood table has a driftwood-like finish that brings the beach inside.


                 
Pottery Barn (via)

Contemporary coastal décor isn’t limited to the indoors.  Don’t forget to decorate your outdoor living areas. Outdoor fabrics and rugs can make your outdoor seating area feel more like a living room. It's always fun to bring decorating ideas for living rooms outdoors.


                  
Apartment Therapy (via)

Contemporary coastal interior design doesn’t have to be blue and white. Warm earth tones used as accents in this white bedroom recall tropical climates. Love the contemporary canopy.



                 
Alexandra Angle (via)

This Fire Island, NY, bedroom has a clean, modern design style. Typical coastal elements, like the crab pillows, have a fresh, contemporary take.


                 
Shelter Pop (via)

A pale palette of blue-washed greys, whites and creams creates a chic beach décor in both the dining room and living room designs. Natural elements, natural woods and lots of white make for a contemporary coastal home.

(This content is provided by Design Shuffle, where you can find and share talented interior designs from from New York interior designers, Los Angeles interior designers, and more, check out the latest at Design Shuffle.)

Hope you enjoyed it as much as I did. I hope to get back to regular posting soon..Until then..take care...warm hugs to you all!


2 comments:

design elements said...

lovely guest post! wishing you a great break time, Meenal! hugs

Michele @ Modmissy said...

Hope all is well and we hear from you soon.
- M

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...